Seminar: Advanced Security Issues in Medical Systems [ASIMS] Summer 15
Seminar: Advanced Security Issues in Medical Systems - Hardware and Software Security for Trustworthy Medical Treatment
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jana Dittmann, Dipl.-Inform. Stefan Kiltz
Registration / Anmeldung: Einschreibetool
Courses of Studies / Masterstudiengänge: ONLY Medizinische Systeme / Medical Systems Engineering (Ma)
Module: "Advanced Security Issues in Medical Systems"
Modul is classified as Elective Modules / Seminar in Major 5 "Medical Computer Science"
Time and location / Zeit und Ort:
Mi./Wed 07:00 - 09:00, G29-K58
Courses start at 15 April 2015 / Veranstaltungsbeginn in der 16. KW (15.04.2015).
will be provided after the first course
Goals and content of the module: Within this seminar the students work on selected actual topics on technical, organizational, judicial, social and ethical topics in IT security on the example of security considerations in medical sciences. The goal is to enable the student to understand and devise application field specific IT security strategies.
Content: Selected actual topics on technical, organizational, judicial, social and ethical topics. E.g.:
- Medical information systems
- Secure data storage and processing for person related and medical data
- Security in medical IT infrastructures: system-, network-, and application
- Special considerations for digital signal (image and audio) processing for medical records
- Security management in medical information systems
- Standardization, certification and evaluation of IT security for medical application scenarios and systems
- Case studies on IT security mechanisms and problems in medicine
Form of teaching: Seminar, each student will be provided a challenging topic for autonomous processing. The results will be reported in written and oral form.
Prerequisites for participation: none
Requirements for successful participation: Regular attendance in the seminar and successful processing of a seminar topic